Haritaki has many benefits for the hair.
- It is used to cleanse the hair of bacteria and lice as the Haritaki has antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Head Lice are very common in hair in many parts of India and specific remedies have been prepared to deal with this issue. These involve boiling the fruit in oil so that the fruit oil is infused into the base oil. This new Haritaki oil is used traditionally on the hair daily to stop the infection by lice.
- Hair strength is improved by Haritaki as it helps strengthen the body against anemia, which is a factor in the strength of the hair
- Improved luster. Haritaki has been attributed with improving the luster of hair. It appears that Haritaki has oil in the powder that helps the hair stay healthy and increases the body of the hair
- Reduced hair thinning. We can see from the information above that when the skin is healthier and free of disease, and the body is not anemic then the hair growth is more vital and full and alive. Taking Haritaki daily internally increases the health of the body and this also shows up as increased in hair quality and a reduction in thinning of the hair.
- Dandruff cure. Haritaki is excellent as a dandruff cure. An oil can be made from fresh Haritaki fruit or we can use powder for this use. There are a number of ways to prepare this. One way to prepare this oil is to take 100 grams of coconut oil and warm it. We then take 4 fresh Haritaki fruits and grind them into small pieces. We put them in the oil and then wait until the fruits turn brown. This is the time when the oil from the fruit has become infused into the oil. Store this oil in an airtight container. Apply this oil on the scalp each day to reduce or remove dandruff. To use Haritaki powder to help with dandruff, rub the powder on the scalp and leave for 5 minutes. Then rinse the hair and scalp. There are other ways to prepare the Haritaki and the scalp, laid out in the information below.
- Hair growth. There are ayurvedic remedies that claim to contribute to hair growth. These remedies call for the use of Haritaki in combination with other herbs.
Haritaki is said to have strong anti-bacterial properties. It is revitalizing, toning, nourishing and astringent when used in skin and hair care formulations. Add haritaki powder to facial scrubs, masks, body wraps, hair wraps and hair rinses.
Some recipes with Haritaki:
1)Apply the paste of Haritaki to the scalp and leave
it on for a few minutes, and then wash the hair.
It is very good for treating dandruff, and does not
leave the scalp dry after washing
2) The fruits of medicinal tree Harra/Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) can be used for good hair growth. The people in Chattisgarrh, India, collect the fruits from trees and boil it in base oil. When cracks occur in fruits, boiling is stopped. (The fruit is green in color). The oil is stored for future use. The natives use this oil daily after taking bath. According to them, it is effective against lice and dandruff also.
Haritaki benefits hair loss
Hair loss is a big stress causing issue for today’s society. It is taken as a big taboo on the personality front. People are scared of losing their hair and would do anything to keep them safe. The stress filled life routines and the unhealthy lifestyles; all contribute to the problem of hair loss. People complain of losing hair even after using the best products available in the market today. The answer is simple: these products cannot help you because they can only work on the outer scalp. The hair roots are deep into the skin and they can only be saved if we fix the problem at its root. We need to strengthen the roots deep into the skin. Ayurveda works on the same principle to help the problem by eliminating the root cause.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS?
THE CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS CAN BE MANY DEPENDING UPON THE INDIVIDUAL AND HIS/HER SITUATIONS. THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS ARE:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Genetic cause
- In medical conditions like thyroid and diabetes
Haritaki helps in improving appetite and helps in the digestion. In anemia of any origin, Haritaki herb is highly beneficial. It helps anemia due to haemoglobin deficiency, anemia due to red blood cell deficiency, and anemias of abnormal form origin. Haritaki is used in Vara churna.
Haritaki benefits Hair growth
Amala , Bhringraj, haritaki fruit,manjitha root , yashtimadhu or licorice root , grass, neem and tulsi powder bamboo powder ,Brahmi(improves memory) and jabakusum flower(hibiscus) or its leaves and henna are the ingredients that are to be mixed with the oil. It will give colour to your hair and condition them too .
The herbs are take in equal amount 10 gram each and added to 250 gram of oil and 100 gram water ,it is placed on the stove and boiled until all the water evaporates, oil is then cooled and strained and stored in a bottle for regular use.
How to use the herbal oil
It could be applied two hours before you wash your hair or keep it overnight. Rub the oil gently with your finger tips into the roots of your hair and tie a muslin cloth over your head, if you are applying it overnight. It could be used daily kept after hair wash if you do not feel sticky.
Haritaki and head lice
Haritaki oil applied to the scalp on a daily basis has antibacterial and antifungal properties. This treatment has the effect of stopping the proliferation of lice in the hair. It has been noted that haritaki has properties that eject worms from the intestines and it appears that the same effect is in operation on the scalp. The best way to make the oil is listed above.
Here is a link to more benefits of haritaki