Two ways to make Haritaki Tea:
Haritaki Tea Method 1:
Put the haritaki powder, about 1 tablespoon, in a paper coffee filter and pour boiling water on to the hartitaki.
This will make a weak tea.
Haritaki Tea Method 2
To make a strong tea:
Put on the stove top, put a pot with 2 cups of water. Add in 2 tablespoons of powdered haritaki. Bring the pot to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
Pour the tea through a filter such as a coffee filter, into the cup and drink.
Other uses of haritaki tea:
This tea can also be used
- apply topically on cuts
- to wash skin
- as an eye wash to cleanse the eye of infections
Benefits of Haritaki Tea: As compared to taking the powder
- The tea is easier to taste and swallow
- The tea can be consumed a few times a day
- The tea is non acidic
- The tea is dilute so for those people who have a strong reaction to the haritaki in powder or capsule form this is helpful.
- The tea provides less energy to the body so people who cannot sleep having taken the powder or capsules can rest easier without the high energy present.
Other uses of haritaki tea are listed here