Many people report that Haritaki helps them with weight loss.
Haritaki cleans the intestinal tract, and in so doing so stops the build up of toxins in that area of the body. This allows the digestive system to process food faster and more efficiently, which leads to weight loss.
While this may appear to be counter intuitive to weight loss, on fact the Avatar, Paramahamsa Nithyananda says that it is the delays in the digestive system that cause the excess foods to be added to the body weight. Many people have this experience. They eat the same amount but the food does not contribute to belly fat as much as it does without Haritaki. Nithyananda says that the waste products that stay in your digestive system for sometimes days rather than hours add to the fat content in our bodies. So the task is to move the food and the food waste through quickly. The faster it moves through the less weight we gain. Some experts have indicated that meat products can stay in our system for days at times, depending on the ease of bowel movement and activation of the digestive system.
Obviously Haritaki works best for this purpose when it is taken in the evening after food and before bed in large quantities. When this process is followed the bowel movement in the morning is fast and strong, removing toxins from the system.
Some other suggestions to help with the process of weight loss:
- Use enema in the morning to flush out your digestive tract. This speeds up the whole digestive system so that the food does not get stuck and rot, putrefy and release chemicals into the body.
- Increase exercise. See the related article about this
- Reduce food intake so that you are eating for your goal. Every bit that you take think of the goal you want for your body and your life and see if the bit is fitting into that goal.
- Steps to make this happen:
- Develop a heath goal for your life
- Connect emotions to that goal so that every time you think of it you are inspired and almost jump up and down with joy.
- Steps to make this happen:
- Imprint to goal into your being. Do this by reviewing every hour for a week.
- Feel the emotions of that goal increasing so that you really want it and believe that you can achieve it.
- When you plan to eat think of the goal and then make your plans to eat what fits into that goal. You probably know enough to be able to choose wisely, however if you do not read and study about food on this web site.
- With each mouthful, consider the goal and ensure that you are eating to that goal. This brings integrity to your whole system.
General suggestions on weight loss
This information is from this source:
1. Have a clear goal. It should be one that anyone in the world can measure and understand.
2. Drink tea. Research suggests that those who drink tea—black, green, or white, as long as it’s from real tea versus herbal tea—have lower BMIs and less body fat than those who don’t consume tea.
3. Eat cayenne pepper. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition showed that when compared to placebo, capsaicin—the active ingredient in cayenne—increased fat burning.
4. Decrease/eliminate processed carbs. They do nothing for you outside of creating a favorable environment for gaining fat.
5. Eat more veggies. They fill you up, without providing many calories. Just avoid the high-calorie dressings.
6. Eat more fruit. No one ever gained weight from eating more fruit. And that includes the so-called “high sugar” fruits like bananas and melons.
7. Lift weights. Heavy weights. Build more muscle, burn more calories.
8. Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated, causing an increase in calories burned. For a great 30-minute, at-home workout that uses this technique,
For more haritaki benefits click here