Yesterday the Chicago Cubs clinched the planet Series with an 8–7 win in Game 7 throughout the Cleveland Indians.
Hooray for the Cubs and their particular many fans! It absolutely was a hard-fought victory, with the game stretching into the tenth inning—a real nail-biter.
Although real reason we had been thinking about the outcome for this #sports event may be the need for the quantity 108, a sacred figure within the training and philosophy of yoga (malas comprise 108 beads, yogis often do 108 sunlight Salutations, Hindu mantras tend to be repeated 108 times, etc.; find out more about it right here).
Perhaps the most obvious link is the fact that it is been 108 years because the Cubs won its last World Series, in 1908. Although Cubs’ coincidences with 108 don’t stop there. The Chicago sunlight occasions published a list in September. Included In This:
- You can find 108 stitches in a baseball, created by the Cubs very first supervisor and ace pitcher A.G. Spalding, whoever Chicago workplace ended up being originally found at 108 W. Madison Street.
- The remaining and correct industry corners at Wrigley Field — tend to be 108 yards from home dish.
- The Ricketts family members, which has the Cubs, has found their particular main company — TD Ameritrade — on 108th road in Omaha, Nebraska.
- The number 108 is a sacred quantity in yoga. and Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta does yoga 6 days weekly.
- Cubs win the planet Series within the 1990 J.J. Abrams film “taking good care of company,” which will be 108 minutes very long.
- Cubs win the planet Series within the 1989 film “Back towards Future Part II,” which will be 108 minutes very long.
Which’s not all the. Check out the full listing on chicago.suntimes.com.
Pretty cool, huh?