How to use Haritaki to treat piles and hemorrhoids.
Take the haritaki powder, in the quantity of about 1/2 teaspoon full. Wet this amount in a cup, so that it forms a paste. Apply this paste to the anal area. It can be applied 2-3 times daily.
How Haritaki works.
Haritaki has anti-inflammatory properties that work to reduce swelling and inflammation. As this part of the body is also susceptible to bacteria the anti-bacterial properties of the haritaki aid in reducing the risk of infections and skin rashes. Haritaki is so potent that it has been shown to be more effective on some bacteria than household bleach.
Here is some more information about the causes of piles
The exact cause of haemorrhoids is unclear, but they’re associated with increased pressure in the blood vessels in and around your anus. This pressure can cause the blood vessels in your back passage to become swollen and inflamed.
Many cases are thought to be caused by too much straining on the toilet as a result of prolonged constipation. This is often caused by a lack of fibre in a person’s diet.
Chronic (long-term) diarrhoea can also make you more vulnerable to getting haemorrhoids.
Other factors that might increase your risk of developing haemorrhoids include:
- being overweight or obese
- age – as you get older, your body’s supporting tissues get weaker, increasing your risk of haemorrhoids
- being pregnant – this can place increased pressure on your pelvic blood vessels, causing them to enlarge; read more about piles in pregnancy
- having a family history of haemorrhoids
- regularly lifting heavy objects
- a persistent cough or repeated vomiting
- sitting down for long periods of time
Link to more benefits of Haritaki